Dear Parent/ Guardian & Prospective Student(s):
Welcome! It is the mission of Greg Mathis Charter High School to provide students with innovative and practical learning opportunities that develop positive intellectual and social outcomes, promote self-directed lifelong learning skills, and establish avenues of self sufficiency and service to their communities. Our primary objective is on-time graduation and a detailed career plan for all GMCHS students.
It is our policy not to discriminate on the basis of race as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, on the basis of sex as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, or on the basis of handicap as required by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, PI 101-476; and other Civil Rights Laws.
Please complete the enclosed application and return as soon as possible. Applications must be received with all records and applicants must attend an orientation with an administrator in order to be considered for acceptance. It is very important that you and your child have a clear understanding of the requirements for attending Greg Mathis Charter High School.
The requirements are as follows:
We are looking forward to working with your child. Please call the admissions office at 843-557-1611 if you have any questions or need further assistance.
- Attend an orientation (expect to stay I hour as several important issues will be discussed at this time).
- The following documents are needed at time of registration:
- Student Contract
- Withdrawal Grades from previous school
- Unofficial Transcript
- Most Recent Report Card
- Immunization Record (copy)
- Birth Certificate (copy)
- Social Security Card (copy - optional)
- Completed Application
- School Nurse Health Information (Emergency Card)
- Student Emergency Card (Contact Information)
- Signed Parent Agreement
- Release of Confidential Information Form
- Proof of Residence, i.e., lease agreement, power bill, or other acceptable proof of residence.